House-hunting and house-selling can often feel like hiking up a hill, with many possible twists and turns before reaching the top. The last leg of the journey is the final important step: closing on your home.
Closing is a detailed, weeks-long process that requires buyers and sellers to complete numerous tasks before they can finalize everything.
Here are some tips to help a smooth, stress-free closing.
PRO TIPS FOR BUYERS
- Review and execute on all contingency requirements. Purchase agreements contain requirements that buyers must meet to make the contract binding. These include:
- Home inspection
- Sale of the buyer’s home contingency – gives the buyer the right to terminate the contract if their home does not sell by a certain date.
- Have funds ready before closing the close.
- If you are wiring, take all steps to prevent fraud.
- Be available for any last minute requests from your realtor. Expect and be flexible for any last-minute changes.
- Bring all closing-related documents to closing – make sure you get the list from your realtor at least a month in advance of the close, where possible. If it is less than a month, get focused!
- Be ready for final fees.
- Review documents carefully.
- Do a final walk-through of the property. Test everything and make sur all agreed upon changes or updates have been completed and at the quality you need.
- Celebrate! You made a great investment!
Heritage Land Transfer is proud to offer a national platform of title insurance and comprehensive settlement services at the most competitive rates. Please get to know us and contact us if you are a realtor, broker, buyer, seller, lender, attorney, investor, or a developer looking for a partnership and resource with a trusted title company. https://landtransfer.com/about/about-us/